It’s October, which means many things to many people. The leaves are changing colors, the fantasy football season is reaching its midpoint and Oktoberfest celebrations bring ales of many flavors to great beer halls like the one at JL Beers in Burnsville.
It’s also the official “Cancer is Bad” month in the NFL, which is a serious event indeed… though the Fantasy Football Party-goers, in their own inimitable way, managed to find a silly side to Bo’s visit to Dr. Jellyfinger.
(Narrator: Well, it is. Bad. Cancer, I mean.)
But before things spiraled completely out of control—the show, not the outpatient procedure—the Party-goers managed to break down a slate of games with four teams on the bye, drafted a lineup of players at least half of you apparently hate, and opened up about their immediate regrets. Let’s just say Bo’s involved the dearth of lubricants in the medical profession and leasing rubber gloves with an option to buy.
(Narrator: Bo doesn’t have any. Elephant books.)
Plus there was a raucous crowd knocking back drafts like the tap was stuck on turbo, which led to Bo leading the entire bar in a show-stopping rendition of “Moon River.” Then you had 2V making more Brock Osweiler puns (Brock Brock. Who’s there? Bears defense. Bears’ defense who? I know, right?), Magsh saving a fruit fly from drowning in his beer before crushing it like a Browns fan’s dreams on his show script, and Bo… well, after recovering from his Smallwood/Chubb stack, Bo dropped some sage advice about acquiring all the Alvin Kamaras you can get.
(Narrator: Breathe easy. Ever serve time?)
After all, the best way to avoid cancer is to not get it.
(Narrator: What the hell just happened?)
While you’re listening, please enjoy the labors of our show sponsors:
- JL Beers – the Burnsville location is your home for the FF Party podcast each and every Wednesday night, as well as great burgers and a veritable plethora of delicious tap beers. Alas, it has been decreed that it is NOT socially acceptable to lick your plate after polishing off the loaded fries.
- Zone Coverage – visit ZoneCoverage.com/Subscribe to ensure you get everything our new media host has to offer.
- FantasyLabs – use promo code 50OFF to save 50% on a trial subscription at a site that provides you with the tools to be a DFS kingpin–or at least pick up some walkin’ around money.
- FantasyDraft – If you like football, and you like money, then have we got a party for you! Compete against the entirety of the FF Party team for cash prizes and the possibility for other gifts (like maybe a Zubaz gift certificate). The link is located below. If you’re a FantasyDraft first-timer, click the other link to pick up a little side bonus with your first deposit. Either way, scratch your DFS itch with the fine folks at FantasyDraft! Like Skittlepox, it’s not contagious; we promise.
- Zubaz – use the NEW promo code FFPBOO to save 15% off your order at Zubaz.com for all your Halloween, lounging, and/or stylin’ and profilin’ needs. WOOOOOOO!!!
We’ve got links! Join the FF Party Listener League at FantasyDraft and win yourself some scratch! Click HERE.
And if you’re a FantasyDraft newbie, we’re here to put EVEN MORE DOUGH IN YOUR POCKET.
You can also follow the show and its hosts on Twitter:
The FFP’s 50/50 lineups for Week 6:
Jack Doyle (Geoff Swaim injury pivot)
Take the Twins quiz and test your knowledge!