The Fantasy Football Party is a safe place. A place where we can feel free sharing our feelings. Think of our office in the beer hall at JL Beers in Burnsville as a nest in a tree of trust and understanding. We can say anything here.
Anything? Well, uh, I guess Bo, deep down, is feeling a little confused. I mean, suddenly, you set a 50/50 record and you’re supposed to be this entirely different guy. But he doesn’t feel different. I mean, take yesterday for example. We were out at the Olive Garden for a show meeting, which was lovely. And, uh, Bo happens to look over at a certain point during the meal and see Nick Chubb, and he found himself wondering what color his Under Armour might be. Uh, odds are they are probably basic white, cotton Under Armour. But he sort of thinks, well, maybe they’re spandex, maybe it’s blaze orange. Maybe it’s something really cool that we don’t even know about, you know, and uh, he started feeling… what?
Wait, I thought we were in the trust tree in the nest, were we not?
(Narrator: We were not, in fact, in the trust tree.)
Despite Bo’s confusion the Party-goers managed to string together enough cognizant thoughts to fill an hour-plus of podcasting. There were the usual suspects, like immediate regrets and news you can use and a brand spanking new batch of ragtag 50/50 lineups chasing Bo’s behemoth score. There were the usual Smallwood and Chubb references, along with a gaggle of other juvenile humor sprinkled amongst the actionable fantasy intel.
And then you had Bo knocking over his rare craft-brewed in New Ulm malted beverage, 2V polishing off a fistful of chicken fingers right in your ear, and Magsh desperately trying to keep this spinning vortex of a podcast at least in the same zip code as the rails it veers wildly from.
One more thing: we’re going streaking!!!! We’re going streaking through the quad and into the gymnasium! Come on everybody!
(Narrator: Please don’t. KFC is closed.)
While you’re listening, please enjoy the labors of our show sponsors:
- JL Beers – the Burnsville location is your home for the FF Party podcast each and every Wednesday night, as well as great burgers and a veritable plethora of delicious tap beers. Alas, it has been decreed that it is NOT socially acceptable to lick your plate after polishing off the loaded fries.
- Zone Coverage – visit ZoneCoverage.com/Subscribe to ensure you get everything our new media host has to offer.
- FantasyLabs – use promo code 50OFF to save 50% on a trial subscription at a site that provides you with the tools to be a DFS kingpin–or at least pick up some walkin’ around money.
- FantasyDraft – If you like football, and you like money, then have we got a party for you! Compete against the entirety of the FF Party team for cash prizes and the possibility for other gifts (like maybe a Zubaz gift certificate). The link is located below. If you’re a FantasyDraft first-timer, click the other link to pick up a little side bonus with your first deposit. Either way, scratch your DFS itch with the fine folks at FantasyDraft! Like Skittlepox, it’s not contagious; we promise.
- Zubaz – use the NEW promo code FFPBOO to save 15% off your order at Zubaz.com for all your Halloween, lounging, and/or stylin’ and profilin’ needs. WOOOOOOO!!!
We’ve got links! Join the FF Party Listener League at FantasyDraft and win yourself some scratch! Click HERE.
And if you’re a FantasyDraft newbie, we’re here to put EVEN MORE DOUGH IN YOUR POCKET.
You can also follow the show and its hosts on Twitter:
The FFP’s 50/50 lineups for Week 6:
Jack Doyle (Geoff Swaim injury pivot)
Take the Twins quiz and test your knowledge!