Bo was checking FantasyLabs late one night
When his eyes beheld an eerie sight
It wasn’t 2V gulping down fries
Instead he got a big surprise
He lost to Magsh
He lost 50/50 to Magsh
That bastard Magsh
Part of the FFP menage
Four wins for Magsh
It’s a fact we can’t dodge
All hail to Magsh
He’s the king of the lodge
Yes, your beloved Fantasy Football Party-goers cashed in their trick-or-treating candy early enough to make it to JL Beers in Burnsville to record the Week 9 podcast. The combination of tasty beverages, the sugar high, and a combined century-plus of juvenile humor led to a show that has been recorded for posterity. You’ll be party to history just listening to it.
Even with six teams on the bye the Party-goers found plenty to talk about, from a double regret stemming from placing opportunity above talent to half-owned guys you can use to fully own your league to a complete breakdown of all the fantasy-relevant news from this week’s games—and plenty of non-relevant detours down a road best marked NC-17.
Plus Magsh showed up as Saved by the Bell’s Principal Belding… wait, we’re being told he was Hogwarts maintenance engineer Haggard; 2V turned his weekly Zubaz into a poor imitation of the Road Warriors; and Bo took home the costume contest with his lifelike rendition of Richfield society icon Robert Mitchell.
(Narrator: At least he wore pants.)
And of course you had 2V spanning the globe of references from Mike Tyson’s Punch Out to DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince—and somehow bringing it all back to at least the neighborhood of fantasy football relevancy; Magsh wondering how the Lions’ offensive coordinator might adjust the length of Matthew Stafford’s pass attempts in the wake of Golden Tate’s departure—if only to be able to say “Cooter” and “dink” in close proximity; and Bo running up a nice 50/50 total while inserting his Chubb into lineup after lineup with blatant disregard for the consequences.
(Narrator: Thank the deity you choose to support this holiday only happens once a year.)
While you’re listening, please enjoy the labors of our show sponsors:
- JL Beers – the Burnsville location is your home for the FF Party podcast each and every Wednesday night, as well as great burgers and a veritable plethora of delicious tap beers. Alas, it has been decreed that it is NOT socially acceptable to lick your plate after polishing off the loaded fries.
- Zone Coverage – visit ZoneCoverage.com/Subscribe to ensure you get everything our new media host has to offer.
- FantasyLabs – use promo code 50OFF to save 50% on a trial subscription at a site that provides you with the tools to be a DFS kingpin–or at least pick up some walkin’ around money.
- FantasyDraft – If you like football, and you like money, then have we got a party for you! Compete against the entirety of the FF Party team for cash prizes and the possibility for other gifts (like maybe a Zubaz gift certificate). The link is located below. If you’re a FantasyDraft first-timer, click the other link to pick up a little side bonus with your first deposit. Either way, scratch your DFS itch with the fine folks at FantasyDraft! Like Skittlepox, it’s not contagious; we promise.
- Zubaz – use the NEW promo code FFPBOO to save 15% off your order at Zubaz.com for all your Halloween, lounging, and/or stylin’ and profilin’ needs. WOOOOOOO!!!
We’ve got links! Join the FF Party Listener League at FantasyDraft and win yourself some scratch! Click HERE.
And if you’re a FantasyDraft newbie, we’re here to put EVEN MORE DOUGH IN YOUR POCKET.
You can also follow the show and its hosts on Twitter:
The FFP’s 50/50 lineups for Week 6:
Jack Doyle (Geoff Swaim injury pivot)
Take the Minnesota sports quiz and test your twin cities sport knowledge.