I’ve decided to re-format these a little bit, as I’m going to separate them into position players and pitchers. It’s hard to truly gauge the effect between a utility infielder and a lefty specialist — just an example — but separating the positions out seems to make the most sense to me.
If you have an objection, feel free to air it in the comments section, and it will be heard.
Position Players (10 words or less)
- OF Eddie Rosario – Saving the entire team’s bacon, one hack at a time.
- IF Eduardo Escobar – Swings at everything — hits most of it. Fogo power.
- 2B Brian Dozier – Only this high in down year because offense is struggling.
- OF Max Kepler – Crushing lefties, struggling v. righties. What?
- IF Ehire Adrianza – No offense should have him this high. A bad sign.
- 1B Joe Mauer – Offense better with him around; no power, though.
- C Mitch Garver – Supremely streaky; .855/.584/.632 OPS by month.
- 1B/DH Logan Morrison – Needs more May (.822 OPS), less April (.503) and June (.549).
- OF Jake Cave – Total wild card; has some pop.
- UTIL Taylor Motter – Still seeking first Twins hit.
- C Bobby Wilson – Only plays because of defense, great behind plate.
- OF/DH Robbie Grossman – Really struggling; possibly on borrowed time.
Pitchers (in 10 words or less)
- SP Jose Berrios – Best Twins starter since? I’m saying Johan Santana.
- SP Kyle Gibson – Unbelievable turnaround. Long-term rotation guy or trade chip?
- RP Trevor Hildenberger – No earned runs since May 18. Nasty.
- SP Lance Lynn – 4.64 ERA; 2.29 since mid-May.
- RP Fernando Rodney – 1.37 ERA in 19.2 innings since Bronx blowup.
- RP Zach Duke – 1.93 ERA since May 1; quietest sub-3.00 in AL.
- RP Ryan Pressly – Bumpy lately, overall more good than bad.
- RP Taylor Rogers – Much better (2.51 FIP) than numbers say (4.45 ERA)
- RP Matt Magill – Bullpen savior (2.25 ERA/3.93 FIP) via long outings.
- RP Addison Reed – Too many homers; more good than bad.
- SP Jake Odorizzi – 3.83 ERA in first eight starts; 6.27 since.
- RP Alan Busenitz – International League happy to see him leave (1.27 ERA).
- RP Matt Belisle – Better off renting.
What do you think? Where would you differ? Let us know in the comments below!
Take the Twins quiz and test your knowledge!