America needs a podcast like the Fantasy Football Party.
Other podcasts are made by people who came here illegally from other planets, beat puppies with wet noodles and metal tubing, and are beholden to the kicker lobbyists for lineup information. We’re almost 100 percent sure that’s true. And if it’s not, who cares?
Health care industry lobbyists injured your players on purpose. They’re passing legislation that will prevent you from starting players with pre-existing conditions, even if they’re not on the injury report.
And don’t even get us started about incompletions without representation.
As the country pulls itself together following the latest round of divisive elections, there’s no better time to turn to the Fantasy Football Party to put a turkey hole on every table and a Chubb in every lineup.
Thankfully, the political attack ads are behind us for at least a week or so, allowing us to turn our full attention to the fantasy football homestretch. And along those lines, the Party-goers were pleased to bring their unique brand of wit and wisdom to the Week 10 table. There were the usual suspects: death, taxes, and immediate regrets; a run-through of all the relevant news pertaining to this week’s slate of games; and lineups consisting of the dregs of fantasy football—or at least players at least half of you are actively ignoring.
(Narrator: Actively ignoring?)
(Narrator’s Intern: Forget it, he’s rolling.)
And of course you had Bo swearing off the temptation of the devil’s beverage to make a Duke reference so jaw-dropping it warranted a rim shot; Magsh pouring one out for all the Farm Girls he’s loved before—bravely, too, with his wife less than a frying pan’s length away; and 2V reasserting through actions and words that not only should he never run for public office, but that public officials should actively run from anything resembling his endorsement.
All of this was witnessed, much to her chagrin, by Magsh’s wife. The phrase, “outkicked his coverage” doesn’t do her justice.
We’re the Fantasy Football Party-goers, and we approved this message. Without further ado, ladies and gentlemen, your Week 10 edition of the Fantasy Football Party podcast. God bless America.
(Narrator: Vote early. Vote often. Vote your conscious. But most importantly… vote for Pedro.)
While you’re listening, please enjoy the labors of our show sponsors:
- JL Beers – the Burnsville location is your home for the FF Party podcast each and every Wednesday night, as well as great burgers and a veritable plethora of delicious tap beers. Alas, it has been decreed that it is NOT socially acceptable to lick your plate after polishing off the loaded fries.
- Zone Coverage – visit ZoneCoverage.com/Subscribe to ensure you get everything our new media host has to offer.
- FantasyLabs – use promo code 50OFF to save 50% on a trial subscription at a site that provides you with the tools to be a DFS kingpin–or at least pick up some walkin’ around money.
- FantasyDraft – If you like football, and you like money, then have we got a party for you! Compete against the entirety of the FF Party team for cash prizes and the possibility for other gifts (like maybe a Zubaz gift certificate). The link is located below. If you’re a FantasyDraft first-timer, click the other link to pick up a little side bonus with your first deposit. Either way, scratch your DFS itch with the fine folks at FantasyDraft! Like Skittlepox, it’s not contagious; we promise.
- Zubaz – use the NEW promo code FFPBOO to save 15% off your order at Zubaz.com for all your Halloween, lounging, and/or stylin’ and profilin’ needs. WOOOOOOO!!!
We’ve got links! Join the FF Party Listener League at FantasyDraft and win yourself some scratch! Click HERE.
And if you’re a FantasyDraft newbie, we’re here to put EVEN MORE DOUGH IN YOUR POCKET.
You can also follow the show and its hosts on Twitter:
The FFP’s 50/50 lineups for Week 6:
Jack Doyle (Geoff Swaim injury pivot)
Take the Twins quiz and test your knowledge!