The Minnesota Twins have done some creative ticket promotions in recent years — like “I Love Venezuela” day with Eduardo Escobar and “Big Sexy Night” with Bartolo Colon — but the one announced by the team on Monday might be the most anticipated one.
They’re doing “An Evening with La Tortuga.”
— Minnesota Twins (@Twins) April 1, 2019
There are five levels of tickets available:
- Home Plate Box Middle – $69
- Home Plate Box High – $64
- Left Field Bleachers – $28
- The Deck – $34
- Field View – $21
Each ticket comes with a shirt with sizes ranging from small to extra large.
Click here for more details.
The Minnesota Twins announced their minor-league rosters at each full-season level on Monday. Here’s a look at the Opening Day rosters at each level:
Triple-A Rochester Red Wings
Rochester returns a few key names from last year, such as Nick Gordon and Stephen Gonsalves, and will have some prospect name value in Lewis Thorpe, Fernando Romero, Brent Rooker, Luke Raley and Lamonte Wade Jr.
- Catchers (2) – Wynston Sawyer and Tomas Telis
- Infielders (5) – Randy Cesar, Adam Rosales, Wilin Rosario, Ronald Torreyes and Jordany Valdespin
- Outfielders (5) – John Andreoli, Luke Raley, Brent Rooker, Lamonte Wade Jr. and Zander Wiel
- Rotation (5) – Chase de Jong, Zack Littell, Justin Nicolino, Kohl Stewart and Lewis Thorpe
- Bullpen (8) – Austin Adams, Tyler Duffey, Ryan Eades, Preston Guilmet, Mike Morin, Jake Reed, Fernando Romero and Andrew Vasquez
DJ Baxendale (left ankle sprain), Gonsalves (left elbow flexor/pronator strain), Gordon (acute gastritis) and Zack Weiss (left oblique strain) will open the season on the injured list.
Double-A Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Catchers (2) – Brian Navarreto and Taylor Grzelakowski
- Infielders (6) – Mitchell Kranson, Caleb Hamilton, Luis Arraez, Brian Schales, Drew Maggi and Jordan Gore
- Outfielders (3) – Jaylin Davis, Jimmy Kerrigan and Ernie De La Trinidad
- Rotation (5) – Brusdar Graterol, Jorge Alcala, Griffin Jax, Devin Smeltzer and Tyler Wells
- Bullpen – (9) Tyler Jay, Sam Clay, Jovani Moran, Jeff Ames, Adam Bray, Andro Cutura, Dusten Knight, Ryan Mason, Cody Stashak
Additonally, Tanner English and Alex Kirilloff will open the season on the injured list.
High-A Fort Myers Miracle
- Catchers (2) – Ryan Jeffers and Ben Rortvedt
- Infielders (6) – Travis Blankenhorn, Ryan Costello, Lewin Diaz, Michael Helman, Royce Lewis and Jose Miranda
- Outfielders (4) – Akil Baddoo, Mark Contreras, Trevor Larnach and Aaron Whitefield
- Pitchers (13) – Melvi Acosta, Charlie Barnes, Randy Dobnak, Jhoan Duran, Calvin Faucher, Tom Hackimer, Hector Lujan, Bailey Ober, Alex Phillips, Johan Quezada, Bryan Sammons, Anthony Vizcaya and Tyler Watson
Low-A Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Catchers (2) – David Banuelos and Ben Rodriguez
- Infielders (5) – Andrew Bechtold, Joe Cronin, Michael Davis, Yunior Severino and Chris Williams
- Outfielders (5) – Jean Carlos Arias, Trey Cabbage, Gilberto Celestino, DaShawn Keirsey Jr. and Jacob Pearson
- Pitchers (13) – Jordan Balazovic, Andrew Cabezas, Blayne Enlow, Jose Martinez, Zach Neff, Tyler Palm, Brian Rapp, Joe Record, Luis Rijo, Cole Sands, Austin Schulfer, Carlos Suniaga and Josh Winder
Additionally, Gabriel Maciel and Alex Schick will open the season on the injured list.
Make sure you don’t miss our season-opening edition of Midwest Swing, which you can find here or on any podcast platform you listen on (Spotify/Libsyn/Google Play/iTunes/Stitcher).
Get your Free Zone Coverage NFL Draft Guide for the best coverage in the twin cities